Two weeks ago, we were blessed to bring our little one into this world.
We are new parents to a beautiful baby boy.
For the time being, I will call him “Tater Tot.” It’s what I lovingly called him for 9 months, so for his privacy that will be his name on the blog.
During our time in the hospital, we were given lots of advice but one statement really stood out. Our pediatrician said, “Stay in the moment.”
This one sentence has been bouncing around in my head for the last two weeks. His advice was given so that we don’t get too stressed as new parents, but I’m trying to keep it in mind all the time.
I want to stay in the moment for everything Tater Tot does.
- When he smiles, even though he is half asleep.
- When he stares at me with his big eyes.
- When he holds my finger tightly.
- When he falls asleep in my arms.
- When he grunts and squeals in his sleep.
- When he makes a funny face.
- When he only opens one eye to check out what’s happening.
Everyday brings its new challenges, but it also brings so many new joys.
As we go through the trials and errors of being new parents, all we can do is stay in the moment. Whether we’re dealing with the good or the bad, staying in the moment is what helps us appreciate moments in our lives.
I certainly don’t want to miss a moment of Tater Tot’s life.
Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to Take A Moment Today.